Empowering Parents – Social & Emotional Support
Wow! Where do we start as parents trying to help our kids learn online while also dealing with all their emotions surrounding the COVID pandemic and having to learn remotely? You are not alone! Here are some resources that we hope will help. Click on any of the topics below for more info.
- Talking to Children About COVID-19
- Social Emotional Wellness Considerations for Students with Disabilities
- Recognize signs of depression in your child, they’re not always what you expect.
- Help your middle school student through the awkward middle school years
- Helping kids deal with bullies
- Awesome back to school tips from Big Life Journal including how to keep kids motivated, helping kids combat loneliness, time management for kids, & calming strategies for adults.
- Operation Parent has tons of videos & tips on helping to raise a resilient child, setting age appropriate boundaries, recognize early warning signs & preventing addiction, bullying, suicide, violence and more.
- Sites & apps kids are heading to after FB and what you need to know
- Tips for parents and teachers on how to handle bullying & cyberbullying
- Cyberbullying resources
- 12 tips for Raising Confident Kids
- A great resource by Brain Pop from the Virginia PTA website that parents can use to discuss Coronavirus with their children – https://www.brainpop.com/health/diseasesinjuriesandconditions/coronavirus/