• Spread the Word!! Reflections will still be taking place in the 2020-2021 school year! More details to follow soon. Please see our Reflections webpage for more information.
• 2020-2021 VAPTA Officer Contact Information– Once you have elected your 2020-2021 PTA Board of Officers, please take a moment to complete this Contact Information as requested for future correspondence. Please review the references to Memberhub communication. The deadline to input this information is June 15th annually. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. https://www.vapta.org/officer-contact-information
• Virtual Guidance Extended & Virtual Financial Review Guidelines – Virginia PTA has extended the virtual governance guidelines for Local PTAs. The guidelines now expire on October 30, 2020. Both board meetings and general membership meetings can continue to be held by video or audio conference calls. More updates may become available throughout the summer. See more at https://conta.cc/2Zuj7XA.
• Would you like to be a part of the VBPTA?
We currently have the following Chairperson positions open for the 2020-2021 school year: Scholarship, Bylaws & Reflections
•Now is the time to check your PTA’s bylaws expiration date! If your Unit/Council Bylaws have expired, please meet at the earliest and safest opportunity to approve and submit your expired bylaws. You can also meet virtually under the COVID-19 flexibility. Until your meeting happens, you may follow your current expired bylaws. Units/Councils may submit already approved bylaws electronically to the state office by email@example.com with theCOVID-19 Bylaws Submission Form. More information about bylaws may be accessed by clickinghere.
• Scholarships have been awarded! Click here to watch the video or check out our Facebook page to see the winners.
• Congratulations to our VBPTA Award Winning Schools for 2019-20. Click here to watch the video or check out our Facebook Page.
• Virginia PTA Guidance on PTA Meetings – We encourage you to follow guidance from the CDC and the Virginia Governor’s Office on gatherings. At this time, Virginians are strongly urged to avoid non-essential gatherings of more than 10 people. While executive committee and standing committee business can still easily be conducted via electronic means, we know that General Membership meetings present unique challenges at this time and offer the following guidance in addition to the meetings guidance provided by National PTA at the Virginia PTA COVID-19 page –https://vapta.org/families/covid-19.
• Don’t know who represents you in the Virginia House of Delegates? Clickhereto find out!