• Work with Papa John’s in 2021 virtually; there is no cost to you! Papa John’s Programs work for your PTA/PTSA!! New fundraising opportunities in 2021 – click on the Virtual Fundraising tab above or contact Christina Pasterczyk via email at Christina.Pasterczyk@pjunited.
com for further information.
• Ending your 2020-21 strong – “Wrap Up Strong” Use this checklist from the VAPTA!! https://myemail.
constantcontact.com/-Let-s- Wrap-Up-the-School-Year.html? soid=1101641155271&aid= BcjHLEtRMw8
• 2021 VB SCHOOLS VIRTUAL PARTNERSHIP EXPO is LIVE at https://2021vbpartnershipexpo.weebly.com/!! The webpage will be available through the end of the 2020/2021 school year! Watch videos, visit partner websites and check out the social media platforms of over 50 VB Schools Partners to learn how you can benefit from these partnerships. Partners are tagged with the following categories to assist you in finding partners that have just what you need to succeed – Summer Jobs, Internships/Job Shadowing, Summer Camp, Community Service Hours, Virtual Learning, Classroom Volunteers, Fundraising Incentives, College/Career Preparation & more! .
• New to your role for 2021-22 and would like training? If so, please register for VAPTA training this summer at https://vapta.org/training/
summer-leadership-training . Other online training from the Virginia PTA is available! Click on the “Training” tab at the top of this page.
• Thank you for voting to elect the VBPTA Board for the 2021-23 term!!
2021-23 Executive Board Officers:
Tara Campbell – President
Amber Sloan – Vice President Programs
Jean Blackwell – Vice President Membership
Danielle Carter – Treasurer
Geraldine Eady – Secretary
Retta Bertges – Awards
Vacant – Reflections Program *
Vacant – Bylaws *
Vacant – Scholarship
*Please contact Amber Sloan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be a part of the committees listed above.
• Empower and Engage Support Portal. Click here to access. A link will be coming soon to all PTA pages from school websites for parents to reference support and engaging activities for students and families during this time.
• National PTA has announced the Reflections Winners – Congratulations to Viviana A from Ocean Lakes High School on receiving the Award of Excellence for Music Composition at the High School level. Click the Winners Tab above to view our VB & Virginia State Winners!! Congratulations to these students!!
• 2021-22 Calendar Update – The VBCPS Partnership Expo and Vendor Fair will now take place virtually in May rescheduled from March date. Details to follow as they are available. ( Info as of 3/18/21)
• 2021-22 Reflections Theme – “I Will Change the World By.” Encourage your students to get a head start now for their 2021-22 entry!!
• LOG YOUR VBCPS VOLUNTEER HOURS! Please remember to log your volunteer hours – click the link below. Your hours need to be logged even if we are virtual!! Thank you for all of the time and dedication you are placing into this very different school year. Logging your hours is very important because VBCPS uses the number of volunteer hours when applying for grants.
• 2021-2022 VAPTA Officer Contact Information– Once you have elected your 2021-2022 PTA Board of Officers, please take a moment to input their Contact Information using the link below. This is especially important as we transition to using MemberHub will be as the primary means of correspondence with your board. The deadline to input this information is June 15th annually. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. https://www.vapta.org/officer-contact-information
• Virtual Guidance Extended & Virtual Financial Review Guidelines – Virginia PTA has extended the virtual governance guidelines for Local PTAs. The guidelines now expire on October 30, 2020. Both board meetings and general membership meetings can continue to be held by video or audio conference calls. More updates may become available throughout the summer. See more at https://conta.cc/2Zuj7XA.
• Virginia PTA Guidance on PTA Meetings – We encourage you to follow guidance from the CDC and the Virginia Governor’s Office on gatherings. At this time, Virginians are strongly urged to avoid non-essential gatherings of more than 10 people. While executive committee and standing committee business can still easily be conducted via electronic means, we know that General Membership meetings present unique challenges at this time and offer the following guidance in addition to the meetings guidance provided by National PTA at the Virginia PTA COVID-19 page –https://vapta.org/families/covid-19.
1Views since 12-10-2020