• Work with Papa John’s in 2021 virtually; there is no cost to you! Papa John’s Programs work for your PTA/PTSA!! New fundraising opportunities in 2021 – click on the Virtual Fundraising tab above or contact Christina Pasterczyk via email at Christina.Pasterczyk@pjunited.
com for further information.
• Are you new in your PTA role in 2020-2021? Online training from the VAPTA is available! Click on the “Training” tab at the top of this page.
• Last year’s 2019-20 Reflections Portfolios and winner recognitions have been delivered to the schools. An email was sent to all Principals letting them know that these items will be dropped off in a contactless manner to their buildings.
• NEW! Empower and Engage Support Portal. Click here to access. A link will be coming soon to all PTA pages from school websites for parents to reference support and engaging activities for students and families during this time.
• It is time to think about nominations for your 2021-22 PTA Boards! Call for officers, nominating committee and elections for the Virginia Beach Council of PTA’s coming soon! Please email electVBPTA@gmail.com for more information about serving on the VBPTA Board or as a Chairperson.
• LOG YOUR VBCPS VOLUNTEER HOURS! Please remember to log your volunteer hours – click the link below. Your hours need to be logged even if we are virtual!! Thank you for all of the time and dedication you are placing into this very different school year. Logging your hours is very important because VBCPS uses the number of volunteer hours when applying for grants.
• 2020-2021 VAPTA Officer Contact Information– Once you have elected your 2020-2021 PTA Board of Officers, please take a moment to complete this Contact Information as requested for future correspondence. Please review the references to Memberhub communication. The deadline to input this information is June 15th annually. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. https://www.vapta.org/officer-contact-information
• Virtual Guidance Extended & Virtual Financial Review Guidelines – Virginia PTA has extended the virtual governance guidelines for Local PTAs. The guidelines now expire on October 30, 2020. Both board meetings and general membership meetings can continue to be held by video or audio conference calls. More updates may become available throughout the summer. See more at https://conta.cc/2Zuj7XA.
• Virginia PTA Guidance on PTA Meetings – We encourage you to follow guidance from the CDC and the Virginia Governor’s Office on gatherings. At this time, Virginians are strongly urged to avoid non-essential gatherings of more than 10 people. While executive committee and standing committee business can still easily be conducted via electronic means, we know that General Membership meetings present unique challenges at this time and offer the following guidance in addition to the meetings guidance provided by National PTA at the Virginia PTA COVID-19 page –https://vapta.org/families/covid-19.
1Views since 12-10-2020