• 2020-2021 VAPTA Officer Contact Information– Once you have elected your 2020-2021 PTA Board of Officers, please take a moment to complete this Contact Information as requested for future correspondence. Please review the references to Memberhub communication. The deadline to input this information is June 15th annually. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. https://www.vapta.org/officer-contact-information
• Virtual Guidance Extended & Virtual Financial Review Guidelines – Virginia PTA has extended the virtual governance guidelines for Local PTAs. The guidelines now expire on October 30, 2020. Both board meetings and general membership meetings can continue to be held by video or audio conference calls. More updates may become available throughout the summer. See more at https://conta.cc/2Zuj7XA.
• Would you like to be a part of the VBPTA? We currently have the following chairperson positions open for the 2020-2021 school year open:
• VBCPS School Board Retreat – July 7 and 8 – more details to follow for this virtual opportunity to see the school planning for returning to school in the Fall among other topics.
• The Spring LTI Training presentation is available to view by clickinghere.
• VAPTA ‘PTA Leadership Training to Fit Any Schedule’ – In response to COVID-19 concerns, Summer Leadership Training (SLT) has been revamped and expanded into Virtual SLT featuring more than 25 PTA workshops geared towards helping PTA leaders prepare their PTAs for the 2020-21 school year. Registration is now open! For training and workshop schedule or to register click on Training Links menu tab.
• Now is the time to check your PTA’s bylaws expiration date! If your Unit/Council Bylaws have expired, please meet at the earliest and safest opportunity to approve and submit your expired bylaws. You can also meet virtually under the COVID-19 flexibility. Until your meeting happens, you may follow your current expired bylaws. Units/Councils may submit already approved bylaws electronically to the state office by firstname.lastname@example.org with theCOVID-19 Bylaws Submission Form. More information about bylaws may be accessed by clickinghere.
• Scholarship Update: Decisions are being finalized and notifications will come to winners in mid-July.
• Virginia PTA Guidance on PTA Meetings – We encourage you to follow guidance from the CDC and the Virginia Governor’s Office on gatherings. At this time, Virginians are strongly urged to avoid non-essential gatherings of more than 10 people. While executive committee and standing committee business can still easily be conducted via electronic means, we know that General Membership meetings present unique challenges at this time and offer the following guidance in addition to the meetings guidance provided by National PTA at the Virginia PTA COVID-19 page –https://vapta.org/families/covid-19.
• Don’t know who represents you in the Virginia House of Delegates? Clickhereto find out!